Broccoli Cheese Soup
Make keto broccoli cheese soup for easy lunches! This low-carb broccoli cheese soup is perfect for your keto diet. The trick is to finely chop the raw broccoli and add it at the end. View more Keto Recipes.
Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Make this keto cheese soup for lunch
- 1 head Orange Cauliflower
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 heads Broccoli (12 oz.)
- 2-3 cloves Garlic
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 1 cup Chicken Broth or Water
- 1 tsp. Mineral Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- Optional: Cooked Bacon Pieces, 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast, Fresh Herbs
Grate the cheese and finely chop the raw broccoli. Cut the cauliflower into florets. In a small pot on medium heat, cook the cauliflower, butter, and crushed garlic until tender, about 10 minutes. Cover with a lid and occasionally stir.
Add the cheese, heavy cream, broth, salt and pepper. Mix with an immersion blender until smooth. Turn off the heat and stir in the finely chopped raw broccoli. Garnish with bacon and sour cream.
- Leave the broccoli raw for best results! Cooking will make it soggy and flavorless.
- Add more or less broth/water for your preferred consistency.
- Nutritional yeast is a great ingredient to flavor and thicken soups!
Makes about 8 cups
Serving size 1 cup
- Fat 43g
- Net Carbs 5g
- Protein 13g
Click here to learn more about losing weight on the ketogenic diet.