Discover the crunchy goodness of keto seeds! Make toasted seeds for a crunchy condiment on all your keto meals. It's one of our favorite ingredients. Also view Toasted Nuts.
- 2 cups Raw Seeds: Hemp, Chia, Flax, Sesame, Camelina, Pumpkin*, Buckwheat*
- Mineral Salt to taste
- Optional: Spices
Toast seeds in a large pan on medium heat for about 5-10 minutes. Continually stir and toss! Seeds will start to smell good, pop, and turn shiny dark. Turn heat off and keep stirring for another few minutes. Add salt and optional spices. Store in the refrigerator in a reusable container like a jar or bag.
Keto Cooking Tips
- Toasting seeds increases flavor and aroma while making them more digestible.
- The only way to mess up is to forget to keep stirring and burn them. Lower the heat and keep stirring.
- Store bulk raw seeds in the freezer for longterm.
- Pumpkin seeds are larger and take longer to cook. Add them first.
- We include buckwheat because it has great crunchy flavor!
Serving Size 2 tbsp.
Nutrition for hemp, chia, flax
- Fat 8.5g
- Net Carbs 1.5g
- Protein 4g
The nutritional balance of any seed mix is keto-friendly. Garnish any meal with a small handful of toasted seeds to increase fat, fiber, and protein.