Low Carb Omelette
Split & share this low carb sausage omelette for breakfast
- 2 oz. ground Sausage
- 2-3 Eggs
- 3 oz. Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp. Butter (Herb Butter)
- 2 oz. Cream Cheese
- Mineral Salt & Black Pepper
- Optional: Sautéed Greens, Fresh Herbs, Toasted Seeds
View my shopping list for keto approved foods.
Cook the ground sausage on medium/high heat until brown. Wash and slice the mushrooms. Add them to the pan. Cook for a few minutes, then remove the ingredients.
Vigorously beat the eggs and cream. Add butter to the hot pan, then pour in the eggs. Cook for 1 minute. Add all the ingredients to one side. Fold the other side over when firm. Turn off the heat and cover with a lid. Rest for a couple minutes and serve.
- Always use meats with no added sugar or preservatives! I always use grass-fed dairy and organic eggs.
- One side of the omelette usually cooks faster than the other side. Flip this side over. Put your ingredients on the less cooked side.
- Add sautéed greens for more nutrition. Cook a couple handfuls of fresh greens in a pan with butter. They will wilt and shrink.
Makes 1 omelette
- Fat 67g
- Net Carbs 5g
- Protein 27g
- Calories 800
Are you trying to lose weight on the keto diet? View my Keto for Weight Loss for more info.