Easy keto marinara sauce for dinners. Add this keto tomato sauce to pastas and more. Simply cook all the ingredients in a pot! View more Keto Recipes.
Keto Tomato Sauce
Easy marinara sauce with extra fat!
- 2 large cans* Tomatoes (28 oz. each)
- 1 cup Butter or Herb Butter
- 1 large Yellow Onion
- 1 tsp. Mineral Salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- Optional: 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
Pour the tomato cans, butter, and salt into a pot. Cut the onion in half and place both halves into the pot. Simmer on medium heat for 45-60 minutes with the lid uncovered. Stir occasionally. Remove the onion halves and blend tomatos with an immersion blender.
For a full meal, sauté a few handfuls of spinach with butter. Pour the tomato sauce on top of the sautéed spinach, then garnish with parmesan and Toasted Seeds.
- Cooking and removing the onion is called "sweating." The released juices will flavor the sauce.
- Resist the urge to add more ingredients. Any alterations will take away from the integrity of the sauce.
- *Use fresh tomatoes for a tasty variation. Chop and simmer the tomatoes for a couple hours in a large pot. Add the butter and onion after the tomatoes have reduced.
Makes about 6 servings
Serving size 1 cup
- Fat 30g
- Net Carbs 8g
- Protein 2g
Click here to learn more about weight loss on the ketogenic diet.