Turmeric Tea Recipe
I discovered this turmeric tea recipe in the jungles of Costa Rica. Turmeric tea is a daily elixir for health and longevity. Fight disease, increase brain function, and decrease inflammation with this wonderful keto-friendly drink!
- 1 can Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/2 can Water
- 1 tbsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp. Ginger Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- A pinch of Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. Mineral Salt
- Liquid Stevia to taste
- Optional: Indian spices like fennel, cardamom, star anise, cloves, caraway
Mix all the ingredients in a small pot on medium/low heat for 10 minutes. Stir and whisk often. Do not boil.
Drink now or refrigerate for 24 hours to blend flavors. Shake/stir well before serving.
Keto Cooking Tips
- If you like strong flavors, add more turmeric and other spices. I usually double the ingredients for my tastes.
- Turmeric stains clothing, skin, porcelain, and more. Wash dishes immediately.
- Add a pinch of Black Pepper to increase the potency of turmeric. Only add a little bit to retain the taste of the tea. I usually take a capsule of black pepper for the full benefits.
Makes about 2.5 cups
Serving size 1 cup
- Fat 22g
- Net Carbs 1.5g
- Protein <1g
Learn why I don't count calories and still lose weight!